Montgomery County Operates 4 Motorist assistance units on Interstate 45.
- The Motorist Assistance Program (MAP) is designed to help stranded motorists on most Montgomery County freeways.
- The specially marked MAP vehicles are equipped to handle minor automotive emergencies like overheating, flat tires, and jump starts.
- Call (936) 441-ROAD (7623) to report a stranded motorist.
- Don't worry about who will assist you. MAP vehicles are staffed with experienced uniformed Montgomery County Constable's Department deputies.
- It's free! The Motorist Assistance Program is offered 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM Monday through Friday, free-of-charge. (If services are required beyond those offered by MAP they contact the provider of your choice at your expense.)